Podcast Highlights: By Dr. Renee Davis, Psychologists for Children and Adolescents
- Set boundaries to ensure your children stay safe while they’re having fun during the summer
- Vacation Bible School creates opportunities for children to grow deeper in relationship with God
- It’s okay for children to be bored- it helps their minds generate new ideas and increases creativity
- Don’t put pressure on yourself to make every day exciting for your children
- Your children will remember the few days of fun activities more than all the days they didn’t do anything
- Try to provide some structure and predictability for your children during summer break
- Don’t wait until right before school starts to prepare your children for the transition back to school in the fall
- Check out programs offered by your county- often discounted and have specialty programs
- There are daycare centers that will offer spots in the summer for children up to 12
- Think outside of the box- reflect on things you found fun as a kid and recreate those things for your children
- Buy workbooks from the Dollar Tree for your children to complete so that they can continue to retain m/practice knowledge gained in the previous school year
If you are interested in following The Lounge Chair podcast, you can find us on most major podcast platforms, including:
Sponsor: Join the Diamond Club to receive 30% off code on your first order start shopping luxury vegan beauty products.
If you’re interested in joining the Diamond District Beauty Club, you can find more information on their website. You can join the Club for free and earn 30% off your first order. As a member, you will receive exclusive offers, discounts, and access to special events. You can also refer friends and family to join the Club for even more rewards.